Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 49

My poster at the Loveless Barn (mine is on the left, Brad's is on the right)


WHAT I DID
  • Printed some retail posters (got to cycle through several colors– so much fun!)
  • Worked a little on typesetting a postcard for myself
  • Went to see Music City Roots at the Loveless Barn– very cool to actually see it after working on their poster


WHAT I LEARNED
  • When cycling colors on the press, it's easy to go to darker values, but much harder to get lighter. Ex: if I tried to print yellow after blue, I'd probably have to clean the rollers or I would just keep getting green.
  • Uneven rollers can cause loads of printing problems; if there's obviously nothing wrong with your type and things are printing funny, this could be the cause
  • A dirty press bed can also be the mystery cause of printing problems

The aftermath of printing today

No comments:

Post a Comment